trek 2008 - take 1

Kazozza's picture

Ok, I recommend that we have some kind of game plan ready to go before the weather becomes more ‘trek friendly’…

Who is up for a trek (within 300kms of sydney – sorry Kiwis and interstaters =/ )?

Anyone got any ideas?

asdfs

Comments

Sha8doW's picture

doesnt....

Been watching this one for a while!
Doesn’t seem like there is any interest Oz….
/me trips on a root….
“Damn, I thought they were all gone”

Fuzz's picture

Woodford

Was looking through google earth the other day – there’s no caches here but it certainly looks interesting.

33°39’47.61“S 150°31’50.38“E

Come in via Woodforde, check out woodforde dam, probly spend some time looking around there, maybe put a cache down. Then head up to the location above. Looks like it would take a while to get to, it looks like theres roads there the whole way though. Hard to tell. Even if we only get part of the way I’m sure there would be plenty of places to set up camp along the way.

Just an idea. We’d need a car, and wouldn’t want to do this one to close to the middle of winter. Maybe April-May.

HarassmentPanda's picture

Sounds like it would be

Sounds like it would be good. I missed out on the last one because of timing and that would be my only concern this time as well :-( Can we aim for a non long weekend, weekend?

Sha8doW's picture

Im down

as above….

we could make our own cache!

Hashy's picture

heck we could go out to the

heck we could go out to the stand of wollemi pines out in the national park.. i know where it is ( ok i know someone who knows).. that is, if your all upto scaling down a cliff thru a waterfall, and then dealing with the national parks officers who are camped out there 24/7 with shotguns… =|

Kazozza's picture

Shotguns? No worries there,

Shotguns?

No worries there, we’ve faced the prehistoric mutant vampire cow/sheep of lake Lyell and lived to tell the tale! Shotguns are no threat to us!

The waterfall sounds interesting though…. Get some more intel and let us know =)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Project issue numbers (ex. [#12345]) turn into links automatically.
  • You can use Textile markup to format text.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Insert Flickr images: [flickr-photo:id=230452326,size=s] or [flickr-photoset:id=72157594262419167,size=m].
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • You may use [view:name=display=args] tags to display views.
  • Avast! This website be taken over by pirates on September 19th. Yarr!

More information about formatting options

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a Norwegian and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.